Sources of information, advice and services for travel and going on holiday if you are disabled or have mobility problems.
Resources and links categories for help and assistance – disabled travel
Disabled Travel Insurance:
Click the logo below to get a QUOTE:
Disabled Travel Databases:
- International Airport Guide. Information on hotels and other services at over 100 international airports.
- MapQuest. Detailed maps of major cities around the world.
- Multimap. Comprehensive street map of Great Britain, Ireland and Europe.
- Ordnance Survey.
- Foreign Travel Advice from Gov.uk. The purpose of Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) travel advice is to provide information and advice to help British nationals make their own informed decisions about foreign travel.
- Visit London – official city guide to London
Disabled Travel Health Resources:
- Fit for Travel. Excellent site run by the Travel Medicine Division of the Scottish Centre for Infection and Environmental Health.
- Health Advice for Travellers. NHS Choices
- Medical Advisory Service for Travellers Abroad (MASTA). Offering travel health consultations, vaccinations (including yellow fever), antimalarials and travel related retail items.
- Global Dialysis. This site has all the information that you need if you need dialysis abroad.
Holidays for the Disabled People – Links:
- Accessible travel tips for people with disabilities in Vatican City
- Chalets Direct. Ski accommodation.
- Down Hall is a luxury country house wedding venue, restaurant and hotel. Offering unrivalled facilities and ideally located on the Essex/Hertfordshire border. The hotel has excellent access and facilities for all disabilities.
- Expedia. Good for discount flights.
- Seable. Specialise in accessible sport and leisure activity holidays for those with limited mobility and the visually impaired.
- TUI. Browsing for holidays.
- Virgin Holidays. Holiday Booking.
Disabled Air and Rail Travel Links:
- British Airways.
- Cheap Flights. Find cheap flights from 1000s of airlines and travel agents.
- Rail Europe. Discover Europe with Rail Europe.
- Euro Railways.
- National Rail Enquiries. Useful national timetable and booking.
- Trainline. One-stop shop for train and coach travel
- Virgin Atlantic. Book your flight and hotel together
- Virgin Trains.
For extra information see: The full guide to flying with a disability
Disabled Road Travel Links:
- Frixo. Provides current Road Traffic Reports. It’s a free service aimed at giving you live traffic news and information. Frixo specialises in traffic news and reports making it easy to use whether you’re about to make a journey or out and about using their mobile service.
- National Express. Coach Travel & Airport Transfers. .
- The AA. Traffic news and r oute planner.
Accessible Travel Providers:
Go to Viator website for a quote
- Holidays in a wheelchair. A selection of holiday properties/services that have genuine wheelchair access.
- Can be Done Ltd. Trips abroad for the disabled independent traveller, inspected hotels and accessible day trips from London.
- Cosley and Houston Alpine Guides. Climbing trips for the hearing impaired.
- New Mobility. Net magazine for adventurous wheelchair users.
- Sprout. Non-profit travel and recreation for people with developmental disabilities.
- Wheelchair Travel Limited. Tours of London and other cities for wheelchair users. Transfers to ports and airports and self-drive rental of vehicles with lifts and adaptations.