Starting to feel a nip in the air?
Having woken up to condensation on my windows this morning I am wonder if summer is over already… or will we have a lovely Indian summer?
Either way it’s time to switch on my dehumidifier to reduce the amount of moisture in my home. I purchased this one last year and so far I am impressed.
- Low Energy Dehumidifier that leads the way in lower bills
- Comes with free HEPA filter for air purification
- Unique Meaco control logic operating system
- Variable humidistat between 30 to 80%rh & digital display
- Auto stop when the tank is full & cover to prevent spillage.
I have also tried the popular brand Ebac:
- Problem solved – eliminates condensation, dampness, mould and odours caused by trapped moisture around your home
- Made in Britain for the cold and wet British Climate with our unique Condensation Cure Guarantee, Britain’s best selling dehumidifier
- Our powerful dehumidifier – 15 litre extraction rate adjusts seamlessly with any environment. Front loading water container
- Exclusive energy saving Smart Technology automatically detects when to operate providing total home protection
- Powerful laundry boost and air purification mode. 2.1 metre long cord. Has water container full indicator
Both of these dehumidifiers are great for drying washing too – those delicate items of clothing that can’t go in the tumble dryer!
Now that the mornings and evening are getting a little chilly, but not too chilly to have the central heating on, we are going to treat ourselves to an oil heater.
These have a similar spec and price:
- POWERFUL 2500W OIL RADIATOR – The impressive 11 oil filled fins heat up instantly to quickly distribute warmth across your room.
- HOME, OFFICE & GARAGE USE – this radiator is an ideal and stylish way to heat up rooms in the home or office. The modern sleek grey design will look great in any room
- SLIM AND PORTABLE DESIGN – Thanks to the tall vertical and slim design it is perfect for storing in the corner of a room and looks great. The four castor wheels & carry handle make this radiator easy to move from room to room
- 3 HEAT SETTINGS & THERMOSTAT & TIMER – 3 heat setting (1000/1500/2500) plus adjustable thermostat dial and temperature control for added comfort and control. This heater also includes a built in 24-hour timer.
- DIMENSIONS 50 x 24 x 62 cm, fitted with a 1.5m power lead, and integrated cable tidy for safe & tidy storage.
- 2500W radiator 11 oil-filled fins for heating mid to large sized rooms. Perfect for the home or office
- 3 power settings and adjustable thermostat control to achieve the perfect temperature. 24 hour timer lets you program the heater to automatically switch on and off
- Equipped with thermal cut off, safety tip over switch and automatic overheat protection.
- Fitted with 1.5m power cable and built in cable tidy
So what are you doing to keep the cold at bay this coming autumn? Have you any recommendations?