Is the art of conversation dead?
Having spent almost the entire festive period with a friend glued to their various mobile devices and being irritable when asked if they wanted a drink or something to eat; it made me wonder…
Have we become so obsessed with our online world that the real world is no longer relevant? Is the art of conversation dead?
We know that heavy phone use, in the young and old, has been linked to depression, sleep problems and stress.
So what’s the solution to breaking the addiction?
Here are some tips from PsychCentral:
- Track your phone use: Keep track of the time you spend messaging, talking and playing games. Keep a journal for a week then review the amount of time you are spending on each activity.
- Start weaning yourself: Now you have a journal you can see what activities take the most time. Commit to reducing the time spent on that phone activity just 10% the first week. So if you’re spending 10 hours a week on messaging, aim for 9 hours the next week.
- Commit to being in the moment: One of the reasons people use their phones as much as they do is to be with another person in another place. That’s fine when we’re waiting in line at the post office, but less acceptable when your significant other or a friend is trying to have a conversation with you. Put the phone away when engaged in a face-to-face conversation with another person. It’s not only helpful to your addiction, it’s far less rude and you may be surprised to learn you’ll regain their respect.
- You’re not as important as you think you are! Even if you’re the CEO of a company, there’s virtually nothing that can’t wait until you get back to the office. Remember, if it’s that important, someone will call you.
- Turn it off: Set a deadline every evening for a time to retire the technology, and then don’t check or use it again until the next morning.
Phone addiction doesn’t have to ruin your life, your work, or your relationships with others. If these tips don’t help, it might be a sign that cell phone addiction is more of an issue in your life than you realised.
If you are still struggling with Stress and Anxiety these Herbal Products may help:
The Remedies may be used to aid relaxation and reduce worry which can cause low mood.
Click on item for buying options, details and pricing.
Green Tea contains high levels of catechins known to naturally provide antioxidants. It contains nine catechins in all, and especially EGCG (epigallocatechin gallate), the most important green tea antioxidant. Regular cups of Green tea are known to increase metabolic rate and maintain cardiovascular health and healthy cognitive function. Contains theanine which promotes a relaxed state of mind, reduces anxiety and insomnia
Passionflower has been traditionally used to aid relaxation and reduce stress, anxiety and worry.
Rhodiola Stress Relief is a traditional herbal medicinal product used for the temporary relief of symptoms associated with stress, such as fatigue, exhaustion and mild anxiety. Rhodiola is also known to support the adrenal glands. Can be combined with Passion Flower Relax Aid and Valerian Sleep Aid if necessary for further effect.
St John’s Wort Mood Uplift is a traditional herbal medicinal product used to relieve the symptoms of low mood and mild anxiety, based upon long-standing use.
Used to relieve sleep disturbances & mild anxiety. Valerian Sleep Aid is a traditional herbal medicinal product used for the temporary relief of sleep disturbances due to symptoms of mild anxiety, exclusively based upon long-standing use as a traditional remedy.
For general health and anti ageing, this is probably the single most important product we provide, along with Oxygen Elements Max
Damiana (Turnera aphrodisiaca) is a small shrub with aromatic leaves between 10 and 25mm long native to Mexico, Central and South America and the West Indies. Used as an aphrodisiac by the ancient Maya civilisation, and for over a century it has been used by the modern population of Central and South America as a way of improving libido and sexual function in both men and women, and to relieve mild depression and nervous tension.
Lavendar formula contains botanical ingredients which may help maintain a peaceful mood.
Molybdenum may work alongside Bayberry Formula or Bayberry Formula A at breaking down acetaldhyde, the main candida toxin thought to be responsible for many candida symptoms. Incredibly good value – one bottle lasts for up to 9 months!
The key probiotic blend for holidays abroad. It is an expert formula of friendly bacteria including L. acidophilus and S. boulardii, developed for the digestive health and immune system whilst abroad.
The Somatox Raspberry Ketone is 1280mg per capsule of concentrated pure raspberry extract taken from the whole fruit. Take up to 2 capsule giving you 2560mg daily intake. Used by body builders, slimmers and athletes worldwide for both men and women. Raspberry Whole Fruit Advanced Formula.✔ Pure Raspberry Ketone – Max Strength
✔ No Artificial ingredients
✔ 30 day supply in pure vegetarian capsule
✔ Manufactured in the UK under strict GMP guidelines
Same great Threelac product but in capsule form instead of sachets. Note: 2 capsules = 1 sachet
Damiana comes from Central and South American and was used as an aphrodisiac by the ancient Maya civilisation. For over a century it has been used by the modern population of Central and South America as a way of improving libido and sexual function in both men and women, balancing the menstrual cycle in women and to relieve mild depression and nervous tension.