Worried about hair loss?
Hair loss is totally normal especially whilst brushing and showering. We lose about 50-100 hairs a day but when you notice they aren’t growing back your may need to assess your health and wellbeing as nutritional deficiencies, imbalanced hormones, stress, severe dieting, pregnancy and illness can all affect our hair.
Excessive hair loss can affect men, women and children and may lead to problems with confidence and self-esteem. Baldness refers to general hair loss and male or female-pattern baldness is the most common type.
Although hair loss rarely needs to be treated, many people seek treatment for cosmetic reasons. Many cases of hair loss are temporary (for example, due to chemotherapy), or are a natural part of ageing and don’t need treatment. However, hair loss can have an emotional impact, so you may want to look at treatment if you’re uncomfortable with your appearance.
If hair loss is caused by an infection or another condition, such as lichen planus or discoid lupus, treating the underlying problem may help prevent further hair loss.
You can find more information about the causes of hair loss on our Hair loss and alopecia guide
The following tips, from www.cancer.net may help you care for your hair and scalp during cancer treatment and can be useful for all sufferers of hair loss:
- Choose a fragrance-free gentle shampoo to clean your hair.
- Consider not washing your hair every day, and do not scrub vigorously.
- Pat your hair dry to prevent damage.
- Choose a soft hairbrush or wide-toothed comb and gently style your hair.
- Use sun protection on your scalp when outdoors, such as sunscreen, a hat, or a scarf.
- Cover your head during the cold months to retain body heat.
- Avoid blow-drying your hair with high heat or pulling it.
- Avoid curling or straightening your hair with chemical products.
- Avoid permanent or semi-permanent hair colouring.
- Choose a soft, comfortable covering for your bed pillow.
- Talk with your health care team before using any hair-growth creams or lotions.
- Talk with your health care team about taking the B vitamin biotin.
Hair Loss Products
From our extensive range of hair loss products, men and women are able to prevent and combat hair loss and regrow a healthy head of hair. Hair loss and thinning has been associated with a number of nutritional deficiencies or health conditions which include deficiency of iron (in women), silica, zinc, essential fatty acids (particularly Omega 3 oils), sulphur thyroid or adrenal deficiency.
Here you can see all our Alternative Treatments and Remedies for Hair Loss
A sample of our products:
Hair Growth Serum, Hair Serum, Anti Hair Loss, Natural Herbal essence Anti Hair Loss Hair Serum, For Thinning Hair, Thickening & Regrowth Product, Fast Hair Growth Serum Support For Men & Women (30ml)